Overview of sellEbit
To demonstrate what sellEbit can do we use a fictitional company, The Queanbeyan Farm Cooperative which
uses a heirarchy of product codes, an important concept in sellEbit.
The sellEbit system processes Emails from a payment gateway.
The main type is orders from customers, but donations and purchases
are also handled.
While the processing may
initially seem complicated, it will take you about an hour to set
the system up for your company with the aid of the supplied
manual. If you have problems ask the company that helped set up
your web site or a friend.
The Emails are simply put into the INPUT folder. A sellEbit process
watches the folder and:
The transactions stored in the database enable you to review your
- Extracts the data from the mail
using defined text strings for the
various gateways and
- inserts the transaction information into the database.
- Sends a receipt to the customer
- Sends an acknowledgement to
customer or donor.
- Sends a licence file
if the customer purchased a software licence.
- Sends an attachment if the customer purchased digital data.
- Displays new sales in a list
orders to be filled.
- Displays a log so you know what is
- Archives processed mail and
places problem mail into an error folder.